- The University of Michigan Art Museum is very nice: http://www.umma.umich.edu/
- Ann Arbor has an iconic, world-class deli, Zingermans: http://www.zingermansdeli.com
- If it's a nice day, you might enjoy a walk in the Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum: http://mbgna.umich.edu
- The downtown area, especially Main Street, has a many nice shops and restaurants.
- If you want a fairly upscale dinner, the Earle is very good. http://theearle.com/ And they have some nice specials during happy hour 5-8 weekdays.
- Kerrytown is a nice indoor collection of shops and a market: http://www.kerrytown.com/ There's a nice farmer's market there too Saturdays and Wednesdays from 7am-3pm.
- If you're looking to see a show, you could check the Ark http://www.theark.org/ , the Kerrytown Concert House http://www.kerrytownconcerthouse.com/ or Performance Network http://www.performancenetwork.org/
Monday, December 17, 2012
Things to do in Ann Arbor
An out-of-town friend asked for suggestions about things to do during a visit to Ann Arbor. Here are my suggestions to him: